How Russell Okung Changed the Chargers' Culture

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellaaaa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: How Russell Okung Changed the Chargers' Culture Reply with quote

Russell Okung was named to his second career Pro Bowl earlier this week for his outstanding play on the field.

It was certainly warranted as the left tackle was a rock protecting Philip Rivers’ blindside while paving the way for a career-year for Melvin Gordon.

However, if not more? impactful.womens Jeremy Maclin Jersey it’s his contributions off the field that were equally

the veteran helped usher in a much needed culture change along the offensive line.,After all

and there is no denying Okung played a pivotal role in doing just that.,Head Coach Anthony Lynn insisted a culture change was necessary from the minute he was hiredwomens KeiVarae Russell Jersey

Just ask Philip Rivers.Authentic Jalen Ramsey Jersey

too. He brings a very calm way of leading. A very calm veteran presence to that offensive line group and to the whole offense. He was a good leader for us as well. He’s been in a place that won a championship. He’s won a lot of football games,Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey,“Russell was a great addition, he said. “He had an awesome year. You knew he was a Pro Bowl caliberwomens Chris Jones Jersey, and he brought that here to us. It’s good to know we’re going to have him for a long time.”, big time left tackle. He certainly lived up to that expectation….His mentality is great. He’s got great leadership

The chance to instill a new culture was a factor in Okung’s decision to join the Chargers as he was a highly coveted free agent last offseason.Authentic Chris Conley Jersey<

” he said. “I’m really happy because I had the chance to just walk into a place that’s really trying to shift their culture and the mentality of the organization. I’m glad I can be a part of that.”,womens Mitch Morse Jersey,“This year was definitely a transition year for sure

does Okung agree that he was a big part of that culture change?womens Chris Conley JerseySo

“I hope so, my work and work ethic. Hopefully that’s been reflected in my work every single day.”,” he said humbly. “I try to be a be a guy who comes in here and is all about professionalism

just because the Bolts changed a big part of their culture doesn’t mean the work is done.,Of courseAuthentic KeiVarae Russell Jersey

it’s only just begun.,If anythingwomens Jalen Ramsey Jersey

Okung believes the guys up front showed what type of heart they possess.,One area the entire team wanted to improve entering the 2017 season was their mental and physical toughness and grit. To that endAuthentic Jeremy Maclin Jersey,'

we have some places to grow in terms of maturity,“The toughness,womens Allen Robinson Jersey,' and toughness that comes with consistence in play. I think that’s something we’ll figure out really quick.”,Authentic Chris Jones Jersey it’s getting there. We definitely showed grit and resilience with the way we fought back from 0-4. Now

including a 43-8 victory in Super Bowl XLVIII. The veteran knows Rome wasn’t built in a day,Okung is no stranger to championship level teams,Authentic Mitch Morse Jerseybut he firmly believes the Bolts planted the seeds necessary for a high level of sustained success in 2017.,Authentic Steven Nelson Jersey, making the Super Bowl twice during his tenure with the Seattle Seahawks

no matter what was going on,womens Steven Nelson Jersey“That’s starting to come together, guys were always positive and willing to overcome. That’s a key attribute you want to see in any championship team. Guys who understand how to overcome adversity and any issues that may arise.”,Authentic Patrick Mahomes II Jersey he said. “The guys are really positive. Win or lose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Bluff Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: