The stake me thread.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluke
Cries Like A Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: The stake me thread. Reply with quote

Okay, I was thinking about this for a while but now I'm gonna actually come up with this idea and make this thread for players that want to play tournaments outside there roll or maybe for players who don't have money online and want to start to build...whatever.

I actually think this can be a good +EV situation for all of us here that want to participate. You can be a player or a backer or both, but we can have some fun with this at minimal expense and maybe make us some nice money to boot.

Here's how it works. Come to this thread and announce a tourney that you want to play in and offer to sell yourself. Some tournaments you may want to sell 10 shares, some you may just want to sell 2 or 3 depending on the size of the tournament. Hell, you can even use this to get into a $5 MTT if you want to, obviously it will be up to investors to deem whether or not its worthwhile but I'd be willing to give just about anybody a shot to make me money for doing nothing.

After announcing the tournament, offer your deal. See the FTOPS backing threads if your not sure how it works or PM me with any questions, whatever. For example, I'm gonna want to start playing in some of the $50 omaha events on Tilt and I'll be offering a 60/40 split to start in favor of the backers just so I can get into these events and give backers incentive to buy a piece.

Give us reason why you think we should back you and most likely if the request is reasonable there is enough degnerates in here that will take a chance on you. Let's have some fun with this along with making some money.

pls don't tramble as I will HEAVILY MOD this thread, I am looking at this as a chance for us to make some money.
Manhat10ite
Monk's Catcher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I will start this. I have staked many of you over time. From Fisty, JL, Light, Sane, Stang, Wazz, Ridic I know there are others. I would like to play a $500-1000 NL event. I am not sure which or when I will have the time. Possibly a million on Stars when the buy in is $1000. I would also do a $100 rebuy on Stars but would want to have at least $1000 available during the rebuy period. I would be willing to take a substantial piece of myself but would also like to sell some shares. The one problem I have is timing. A) being on the East Coast B) Family requirements. Therefore I may find something that would work for me but there might only be 24 hours notice. I do think that I have the ability to take down a major just not the confidence in my roll. Unlike some I won't mention, I play well under my roll and don't feel comfortable even playing $100 buy ins which are pretty affordable and in my poker roll.

PS, I think of BigWilly every time I see your avatar.

Last edited by Manhat10ite on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
fluke
Cries Like A Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Manny this is the reason for this thread. Play those bigger buy ins and we all get a shot at a nice score. The only problem of playing something that big is that you would probably have to be willing to sell a bunch of shares due to a lot of us just not having big rolls online. But as I said, you work the details out, the investors do the research as far as will it be profitable and you'll get your backing.

I for one would be willing to partake in something like that. For one I can't sit in front of a computer for as long as one of these tournaments take, and I get bored and make a mistake. I can do it live, but then again, I never get bored playing live. So this would be a tournament I would never play but would be more than happy to have some action in.
Skibo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got doomswitched after my recent cash move. As soon as I rebuild I am willing to advance a share of steak Mannhat.
Kendren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea so much. I'm probably not in the market for backers, but I'm certainly looking for good low-mid range ($5-25) investment opportunities. Step up!
DalCryboy
Quoted with intent to bully

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if nothing else the omaha tourneys will now have a regular railing crew!!! hell they'll have someone show up period.

i keeeed - seems like there is definite interest in this johnny. good idea.

so it should fail in only 2 weeks instead of 1.

Support the Struggle for Full Posting Rights for All!

SmokinDaCrak wrote:
Just because he's black doesn't mean this is sports.
Amanda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea, Fluke. I hope it works out, it has the potential to be a lot of fun!
bigshaney
Tina Turner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a good idea. There is enough talent at TB for someone to make a major score.
wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm wazz. I'd like to play in basically as many PLO events $200+ that you good people would want to back me for. 50/50 pro rata, with full makeup, which includes any of you who've bought a piece in me previously. I'm arguably better value for NLHE tournaments, as I have a better record in them, and I prefer those, but I do specialize in PLO.

If you guys want to back me, let me know and I'll trawl for tournaments I think you'll want me to play when I'm free.

'The apocalypse is neigh'
wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lonely soul that I am, I'm not doing anything for valentine's day. It looks like my home game is off tonight, I'm finding out for sure in 1 hour 20 from now (6PM british). The $200+16 HA FTOPS is tonight, pieces for sale, 50/50 pro rata, so $21.60 gets you 5% of my profits plus tonight and any previous stake back. Don't send any money until I give the ok, post here or PM to let me know if you're interested.

wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone good playing the razz event? looking to buy a piece of someone for that.

wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40% left now.

coorsme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to clutter this forum up so delete it if this not appropriate here.

wazzpot wrote:
so $21.60 gets you 5% of my profits plus tonight and any previous stake back.

In this situation, does the previous stake back come out of the player's winning share or off the top first? If the latter, it seems that is a disincentive for future stakers. Logically, it must be the former, but due to so many misunderstandings here, I want to be sure.
L.Washington

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the FTOPS ever have match play events? I'm not sure if this one does (can't check at work) but if there's ever a big match play event I'll definitely be looking for some staking. I know the stars WCOOP has one, but that's a long way away.
wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes from my winning share.

dm00
4-F

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some site needs to come up with a way to stake players and pay out to backers. A thing like that would take off I think.
wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these guys do it for cash already, I'm sure there's lots of p5-related sites that do this already.

dm00
4-F

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the poker sites. They need to have it where if you have money in your account you want to stake somebody with you can do it and tell them the split agreement in advance and then as soon as the tourney is over the money gets split by them right then. Thats the kind of feature that will draw some people.
wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So post here

wazzpot
Sucks cock but not gay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in all honesty I don't think it's one of those things which will be high up on their list of things to do should you suggest it. It's not like it's a feature every could benefit from.

dm00
4-F

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my hands full posting here. But they could benefit, charge a small fee if they want. And there would be people that would like that feature and they would get some extra action.
fluke
Cries Like A Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm see if the powers that be can set up a staking forum so that this particualar thread dosen't get to cluttered. Then on when a tourney comes up you want to play you can create a thread and I'll mod it for trambling.
Doc
Political Chad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a steakee but I have been a steaker a lot.

I would like to do this just as much to have a rooting interest in the event. Even if it was a $5 event.

Great idea JL.
Punch's White Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, I don't get to play as much as I like at the moment so have been steaking a little the past few weeks.

I'll chip it to pretty much anything.

Later I may ask for a piece.

Fake Punch - I will impale you up the ass on my front lawn with a huge plastic candy cane. Merry Fucking Christmas.
GankyDank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested as a backer and a player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Bluff Forum Index -> Steak Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: