Joined: 05 Jul 2018
|Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 am Post subject: ach other. Don?t be suspicious. Don?t snoop through each oth
|An Intel logo at the Intel Museum in Santa Clara Anthony Miller Womens Jersey , California in file photo. The EU’s top court yesterday ordered a lower court to reconsider its rejection of an appeal by US chip giant Intel against one of the EU’s biggest-ever fines for breaking competition rules. The decision by the European Court of Justice keeps alive one of the longest running EU competition court cases in history that could impact similar cases against Google and chipmaker Qualcomm. — AFP
EUROPE’S top judges dealt a rare blow to European Union antitrust regulators yesterday by sending their case against chipmaker Intel back to a lower court for an appeal.
In a move that may have ramifications for the EU watchdog’s cases against Qualcomm and Google, the EU Court of Justice said a court which had upheld a 1 billion euro (US$1.3 billion) European Commission fine against Intel should re-examine the US company’s appeal.
“The case is referred back to the General Court in order for it to examine the arguments put forward by Intel concerning the capacity of the rebates at issue to restrict competition,” the ECJ said in a statement.
The commission handed down the fine in 2009, a record at the time, saying that Intel had tried to block rival Advanced Micro Devices by giving rebates to PC makers Dell, Hewlett-Packard Co, NEC and Lenovo for buying most of their computer chips from Intel.
The ruling is good news for companies in the EU regulator’s crosshairs, Foad Hoseinian at law firm Freshfields said.
“This is a setback for the commission as it will be more closely scrutinized by the courts in the future. There is now a clear obligation to look at effects-based arguments,” he said.
Regulators have generally frowned upon rebates, especially those offered by dominant companies, based on the theory that they are anti-competitive in nature, while firms say that enforcers have to prove that they have anti-competitive effects before sanctioning them.
“Companies will be more confident when they go to the commission and more corporations will have the appetite to take the commission to court on effects-based arguments,” Hoseinian said.
The commission said it would study the judgment carefully and that it was up to the General Court to review its decision. Intel said it was reviewing the court ruling.
The ruling raises the bar for the regulator when it comes to proving wrongdoing, said Rein Wesseling, a partner at law firm Stibbe.
“It forces the commission to be as economic in its approach in other cases as it did in Intel. This is encouraging for Qualcomm and Google,” he said.
Google, which was hit with a landmark 2.42 billion euro fine in June over its Shopping service, is under fire over its Android smartphone operating system and online search advertising. Google has denied any wrongdoing.
US chipmaker Qualcomm, meanwhile, faces EU charges of using anti-competitive methods to squeeze out British phone software maker Icera and of making illegal payments to a major customer for exclusively using its chipsets since 2011.
1. Make time for each other. It?s so easy in our hyper-busy modern lifestyles to forget to set aside a little time to enjoy each other?s company. Start a weekly tradition of setting a date for the two of you to be together doing something you both enjoy. Keep it simple. Take a nice walk together. Sip coffee together in a cozy coffeehouse. Talk to each other, reminisce, and get to know each other again.
2. Take time off from each other. Give each other space and time to work on hobbies and personal interests. When you have an interesting project to work on, you will feel more fulfilled and you will be a more interesting person.
3. Make little romantic gestures. Remember to compliment your spouse. Leave a little love note for them to find once in awhile. Celebrate the day you first met. Send flowers for no particular reason. You should continuously make little deposits in your spouse?s emotional bank account. The return on your investment will be incredible.
4. Fight fair. Don?t argue in front of other people. Don?t insult each other or each other?s families. Never threaten divorce, and never go to bed angry. Let the little things go, and don?t make a big deal out of every disagreement. Before arguing, think; is this really going to matter in the long run?
5. Take interest in what interests your spouse. Watch their favorite shows with them. Read their favorite book, so you can talk about it with them. Encourage them to develop their talents.
6. Listen to your spouse. Husbands, remember that women need to express their feelings. Be a good sport and just listen. Don?t interrupt, or get distracted. Empathize with her. Let her know that you can relate to what she?s feeling. Ladies, please remember that the kind of talk you might like to have with your husband does not come naturally to most men. Just is patient. It?s not a good idea to "unload" on him right when he comes home from work.
7. Accept your spouse for who they are. Practice total acceptance. Don?t hold your spouse to your expectations; you will only succeed at building resentment.
8. Express your commitment. In little ways, you can, and should, renew your vows to each other over and over. Your spouse will feel comfortable and secure knowing that you are truly committed to the marriage. True closeness will only happen when all doubt and insecurity is replaced by confidence in the relationship. Let your spouse know that you really are in it "till death do us part."
9. Trust in each other. Don?t be suspicious. Don?t snoop through each other?s belongings. To help ensure the trust, be honest with your spouse in all things. Never keep secrets from each other, not even little ones.
10. Make it your aim to be your spouse?s best friend. Appreciate . Cheap Jerseys Wholeasale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap College Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale MLB Jerseys