had 19 points in 19 minutes to lead the U.S. team&#65292

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tujue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: had 19 points in 19 minutes to lead the U.S. team&#65292 Reply with quote

LAGOS Saints Marcus Davenport Jersey , Aug. 5 (Xinhua) -- As part of its corporate social responsibility, Seven Star Farms Nigeria Ltd, a company started by a Chinese businessman, has been putting smiles on the faces of hundreds of young Nigerian youths via creating job opportunities.

Founded by Eric Ni Meng Xiao, who arrived in Nigeria in 2003 and started a business selling shoes, the company with a proven interest in large-scale agricultural projects, has been empowering young citizens of the West African nation on how to use the vast amounts of fertile land in their country.

Seven Star is located along the Agbara-Lusada road in southwest Nigeria's Ogun State in a quite community devoid of any form of commercial activity.

The farm which covers about 30 hectares is full of both the young and old, with the younger generation making up the larger population.

Assisted by a group of Chinese farmers, the farm is reputed for producing a range of fresh vegetables, eggplant, pepper and fruits.

"I came to Nigeria in 2003 to do shoe business, I was importing to shoes from China, until the Nigerian government placed a ban on it, but we have bought this land to set up a factory," Ni told Xinhua in an interview.

The farmer said providing employment for the teeming youths could be challenging, especially in areas where they are restive and criminality like in every other community.

"I was a farmer in China, but came to Nigeria to do business, so when the government restriction came, I thought it wise to do what I know how to do best and that is farming," he said.

Ni, who says Nigeria is like China, said his goal is to encourage local youths to embrace the culture of agriculture, which according to him, would reduce unemployment among Nigerian youths and supply the Nigerian market with agricultural products.

"I am doing this to help reduced unemployment. We also works for Nigeia and foreigners, and this country (Nigeria) is also like my country (China), as long we are here together, we can help each other," he added.

The company's main customers are Chinese companies, hotels and local supermarkets operating in Lagos, Nigeria's business center, he said.

"For this vegetables here, we supply for some Chinese companies, supermarkets and also some Nigerians come around and buy from here. Most of Nigerians in China like Chinese vegetable mostly fresh ones like this," he said.

The chairman told Xinhua that he making moves to expand the farms operation into Lagos, along the Lekki Free Trade Zone area to make the business more commercially valuable.

"We have interest to do farming in some southwest states, where we would buy hectares of land and we hope to bring in even more commercial crops for this second phase of the farm," he said.

"We now have more than 100 temporary local employees and we hope to continue growing that number," he added.

Many residents praise Ni for his vision and charitable zeal toward the youths of the community.

Yusuf Garuba, a secondary school student who was seen busy at the farm cultivating, said he took up the job because he did not stay home and do nothing.

"The reason am working here is just for me not stay home and do nothing, so I came here to keep myself busy," he added.

Another worker who gave his name as Obinna Johnson expressed satisfaction that the Chinese farmers gave him the opportunity to work and learn as well.

"I have learn so many things, how to plant, farm, many other things and how to achieve something from the owner of the company," Johnson told Xinhua.

Nigeria's agricultural sector has taken a back seat since the country started producing oil more than five decades ago.

Nigeria has the largest population and biggest economy in Africa, but it imports almost all of its food.

"

NAIROBI, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- Kenya national Under-23 football team has stepped up its training as they prepare to meet their Egyptian counterparts in the opening phase of the All Africa Games qualification next month.

With the senior side missing out on for the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, Football Kenya Federation unveiled the rarely assembled junior side that will also feature in the Africa Under-23 Championships qualification in a bid to keep the national set up vibrant this year.

Sammy Meja of domestic club Thika United was the only absentee from the squad of 31 called-up to the team with injury as it held its first training on Tuesday with two session scheduled for Wednesday at Nairobi's MISC Kasarani stadium.

Scottish national head coach Bobby Williamson, assistant Musa Otieno and goalkeeper trainer Mathews Owino are in charge of the age side.

""I'm delighted to have all players selected here as it has demonstrated their seriousness in our forthcoming assignment,"" Williamson declared.

The federation is working on plans for the team play at least two international friendly matches before meeting the Egyptians.

" "

NEW YORK, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- The United States men's basketball team wrapped up its warmups for the Rio Olympic Games with a 5-0 record after beating Nigeria 110-66 on Monday night in Houston, Texas.

Carmelo Anthony had 19 points in 19 minutes to lead the U.S. team, which won all its five matches during the preparation for the Olympics.

Six American players scored in double digit numbers, with Klay Thompson scoring 17 points off the bench, Kevin Durant 14 and DeMar DeRozan 13.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski split time among his players, but Kyrie Irving and Paul George did not play in the game. Coach ""K"" said they will be ready for Saturday's Olympic opener against China.

During the exhibition tour, the U.S. beat Argentina 111-74, defeated Venezuela 80-45, and beat China twice, by 106-57 and by 107-57.

"

WASHINGTON, Sept. 26 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic Pe. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys Cheap NHL Hockey Jerseys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Bluff Forum Index -> field of 64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: